Blog Archive

Thursday, September 20, 2018

Ai Kayano:

Ai Kayano's performance as Shuvi in No Game No Life Zero is off the charts.  Her voice makes you want to cry before she's even said anything sad or bad, so when she actually starts saying sad and bad things, your soul is simply crushed.

If Ai Kayano had performed only as Shuvi she'd already deserve a spot in my Anime Voices hall of fame.  But she's been in practically everything.  She's the main character of every series.  Menma from Anohana -- remember her?  That was a pretty sad show too.  Do you know why?  Because of Ai Kayano's voice, which will haunt you more than any ghost.

New Game? Chihayafuru? Tamayura? Ryuuou no Oshigoto?  Valvrave?  Hyouka?  Just name a series.  She's a main character in all of them, and a million more.

Her next voiced role just so happens to be Alice.  You know, from that somewhat famous show, SAO: Alicization?  The whole freaking series is named after her.  And Ai Kayano is the seiyuu behind it.  As though my anticipation weren't high enough already.

There couldn't be a more deserving entry into my hall of fame.  Ai Kayano.  Is she even human?  The voice that empowered Shuvi seemed like something beyond that.  I've never hung on a person's every word more than hers.

With Ai joining the list, that makes 83 girls and 132 entries in all.  One step closer to our goal of a perfect 200 round number.

Meanwhile, I also added six more songs to my Good Music hall of fame.  They're from Xenoblade Chronicle 2's expansion, Kingdom of Torna.  They're all by Yasunori Mitsuda, the composer of Chrono Trigger, so go figure they were good.

I also added a lot more beautiful pictures of Wendy Marvell from the recent Dragon Cry movie to my Beautiful Fairy Girls permapost.  It's impossible to honor Wendy's beauty enough.  Even Lucy got a couple more pics of her own.

It was a busy day for a lot of my permaposts.  I've rewatched SAO: Ordinal Scale, No Game no Life Zero and Fairy Tail: Dragon Cry now, so my promise to watch and rewatch all great anime is one step closer to fulfillment.  Now if only Death March would come out in blu-ray already. . .

No comments: