Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

The Everlasting Flame - Beijing 2008 Watched:

For the first time, the 2008 Olympic documentary was available for watching.  It was an expensive $4 to watch on youtube in HD, but it was worth it for me to finish my promised cycle.  Now I've watched all the Olympic documentaries, both summer and winter, something I've listed in my tv/movies hall of fame as a must-see.  Now I've finally accomplished what I told everyone else to do long ago.  It wasn't my fault -- it wasn't available publicly until now, but it's a great feeling getting this done just like so many other projects I've completed throughout the year.

The documentary was really good.  The best part was the back and forth titanic struggle between the USA and China's artistic gymnastics team competition.  China winning in their home country when they were massive underdogs was really sweet to see, even as an American.  Women's gymnastics is the best part of every Olympics.  It was smart of the documentary to realize that and focus on it, something most of the other Olympic documentaries forgo.

No comments: