Blog Archive

Thursday, February 21, 2019

Card Captor Sakura Clear Card-hen Rewatched:

At last the long journey through Card Captor Sakura ends.  There's a chance they make a second season once the manga is finished, but that's five or ten years down the road.  For now the series is over.

Most of the series is shrouded in mystery.  Everything everyone does is for mysterious reasons, so there's no way to judge what's going on.  All you can do is wait for more information to be revealed.  I don't care for this method of storytelling.  It essentially just wastes your time because there's no actual content.

Nevertheless, the art was wonderful and the card capturing sequences were amazing.  I was also blown away by Sakura Tange's voice acting this time around (Sakura Tange is the seiyuu behind Sakura Kinomoto).  I especially liked her whenever she was interacting with Kero-chan.  They seemed to have such a great interplay, atmosphere, understanding of one another.  She resembled a saint she played along with his shenanigans so well.

As a result I added Sakura Tange to my seiyuu hall of fame.  Her famous 'hoeeehh' sound effect whenever the magic of the cards surprises her is so moe.  There's just no disputing Tange's contribution to the anime world.

Meanwhile, I also finished off Zero's Return.  My long list of things to do has quickly gotten back down to a manageable number.

I decided 'Coin Song' was a remix of 'Edgar and Sabin' and cut it.  You can make various hand waving excuses for why the song isn't a total and complete remix, but it just got on my nerves after all this time how similar it was and off it went.  I also managed to listen to a lot of my hall of fame songs 100 times and graduate them to the 'real hall of fame' list.  If I hadn't added so many new songs this project could have finished sooner, but even so progress is steadily accruing.

Still to rewatch -- New Game S2, Berserk S2, Wake Up Girls, Shin Shou, Death March, Major 2nd, SAO Alternative GGO, series that are still currently coming out and a few scattered movies.  To fully catch up with the 'both watch and rewatch' promise I would need no new good anime to come out for a year, so it's a little difficult to fulfill.  There's also the difficulty of things not coming out in blu-ray in a timely fashion.  Doki Fansubs only just released the first volume of New Game S2 in blu-ray, two years after it originally came out.  At this rate the full season will be out in blu-ray ten years from now.

Even so, I'm doing my best!  Compared to all the various seasons of all 200 of my ranked franchises, the amount that remains to be rewatched is minuscule.

No comments: